Beautiful Design, No Absorption
[Tackaon] Korean Ttukbaegi Pot
Ttukbaegi pots are the 'workhorse' cooking ware in a Korean kitchen.
They're used daily to cook and serve staple stews like Doenjang Jjigae or Kimchi Jjigae. When buying a Ttukbaegi, it's important to check that it is durable, retains heat and easy to clean!
Today, we introduce you to Tackaon's Ttukbaegi Pot - which meets all three. What stands out first is its beautiful design. The lid has a pointy top that mimics the lid of Korean Iron Black Cauldrons called Gamasot (가마솥) which were used in the old days to cook large batches of rice or stew.
These Ttukbaegi pots are made with Korean clay that are mixed with a special material called Petalite and fired twice at a very high temperature (1250° Celsius). This material and high-temp blazing produces a pot that can heat-up quickly without cracking. Furthermore, the material is very dense so it does not soak in any liquids when cooking. This is important as cheaper Ttukbaegi pots tend to absorb residual liquids or soap detergent and release them during the next boil - no good!
Tackaon's pots are handmade with effort and pride by local ceramic artisans. If you're looking to cook Korean meals on a regular basis, consider this premium Ttukbaegi pot.
Note: The pot is available in 3 sizes and 2 colors (details below).
Received my pot well wrapped and protected. Have not used it yet but will soon. Quality is good.
Love these little pots! I purchased small and large.....They are working out perfectly for two AND for when company is over. Super high quality, color (Navy) adds a punch of color that I love! Perfect for soups, stews and make lovely serving dish ❤️
- Beautiful design, durable and easy-to-clean
- Very dense material - clay does not absorb any liquids cooked in the pot
- High retention of heat - keeps food very hot for the entirety of the meal
- Safe to use in gas, electric and coil stovetops. As well as microwave and ovens.
- Available in 2 colors: black & navy | 3 Sizes: small, medium, large
CHOOSE FROM 3 SIZES
Width: 15 cm | Height: 7.5 cm
Capacity: 2 cups
Mini-size for single-livers
Medium: 2 people
Width: 17 cm | Height: 8.2 cm
Capacity: 3 cups
Perfect for sharing between couples
Large: 3-4 people
Width: 19 cm | Height: 8.8 cm
Capacity: 4 cups
Share a group pot among family members
*Width measurement does not include the handle bars
*Height measurement does not include the lid (only the pot)
KOREAN MUSSEL SOUP
SPICY KKOTGAETANG CRAB STEW
SEASONAL VEGGIE SOUPS
... OR PASTA SAUCES
This pot can be used on gas stoves or electric stoves.
It can also be used in ovens and microwaves.
However, it will NOT work on induction stove tops (no magnetic material)
Note: These pots are hand-made - there may be imperfections like dots or glaze marks
USAGE TIPS - PLEASE READ!
1. Before first time use, fill the pot with some water - along with a few shakes of flour - and let it simmer away for 20 minutes on a low heat (this will clean and season the pot).
2. Do not heat without liquid or both in the pot.
3. Do not place a hot pot directly under cold water when washing (let the pot cool down first!)
4. Wash the pot with water and for harder stains, use the smooth-side of a dishwasher sponge.
5. Avoid storing food in the pot for long periods of time - the liquid can soak into the clay if left for long periods of time
6. Avoid using metal utensils with this pot - use wooden utensils! If there are scratches on the pot, remove them with a dab of toothpaste and rub it out with a wet tissue.
Before first time use, fill the pot with some water - along with a few shakes of flour. Let it simmer away for 20 minutes on a LOW heat (this will clean and season the pot at the same time).
Wash with warm water, soap and kitchen sponge. Completely dry with a towel before storing.
Yes, it is perfectly fine to place in the microwave.
Yes, it is perfectly fine to cook in the oven.
No. This Ttukbaegi does not heat up on induction cooktops. There is no magnetic material inside. Works for all other cooking tops - gas, electric or coil.
-Do not heat the ttukbaegi without anything inside. There should always be some liquid or broth when cooking.
-Do not wash the pot when it is very hot - wait until the pot cools down first.
It's made in Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
Flat Rate Intl. Shipping.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Tackaon is a Korean ceramics company that designs simplistic, modern kitchenware. They use earthy tones with minimal shapes and patterns. Their product list includes dishes, bowls, traditional Ttukbaegi and more.