Premium Gochujang - Fermented for 6 Months!
[Jook Jang Yeon] Traditional Premium Gochujang (500g)
Jook Jang Yeong is a famous regional producer located near Jookjang province (near Pohang) - which has gained national attention in Korea for its fermented pastes like Doenjang and Gochujang.
Today, we introduce their Signature Premium Gochujang Paste.
This gochujang is made 100% from locally-grown Korean ingredients (i.e. not imported from China). It does not contain any chemicals additives, preservatives, artificial colors or synthetic seasoning.
This gochujang is fermented naturally - stored in traditional earthen Onggi pots for at least 6 months and given plenty of time to aerate under the natural sun.
As a result, Jook Jang Yeon's gochujang has a characteristically smooth taste - with less of that slightly bitter aftertaste found in large, brand name gochujang.
Since it has been aged naturally and slowly, this gochujang also contains natural active enzymes which help promote better digestion!
If you're new to Korean cooking, but want to already start experimenting with high-quality gochujang - this is a good one!
Available in a large 500g jar.
- Made with 100% premium-grade ingredients, all locally grown in Korea (not imported from China)
- Gochujang is fermented in traditional Onggi pots for 6 months to 1 year - for deep flavor
- No chemical additives, preservatives artificial colorings or synthetic seasonings (all natural)
- Contains highly active enzymes which aids in digestion!
- Available in 500g glass jar
- Gochugaru (27%), Rice Syrup (Jocheong) (27%),
- Glutinous Rice (25%), Malt (Barley) (15%), Sun-dried Salt (6%)
- Expiration period: 2 years
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Gochujang Stew
- Use in BBQ Marinades
- Various Spicy Korean Foods
About the Brand
- Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown ingredients and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes.
An overview video of Jook Jeong Jang
Jook Jang Yeon is the Doenjang Supplier to Mingles -
one of Korea's Top Rated Korean Restaurants (Awarded 2 Michelin Stars)
Yes, completely normal. It will turn slightly darker in color as it sits in the refrigerator. It's safe to eat!
Gochugaru (27%), Rice Syrup (Jocheong) (27%), Glutinous Rice (25%), Malt (Barley) (15%), Sun-Dried Salt (6%)
Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown ingredients and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes.