Finer Texture, 100% Korean
[Peacock] 100% Korea Grown Gochugaru
If you're looking for all-purpose, everyday gochugaru, this is it!
Peacock's gochugaru is ground at a finer size (as opposed to coarser flakes).
It has a vibrant, bright red color.
This gochugaru works especially well when you want to bring out a deeper “red” color in hearty Korean stews.
But yes, it also works great as an all-purpose gochugaru.
The spice level is "normal”, providing just the right amount of spice for Korean recipes.
Peacock's gochugaru is made with 100% Korea-grown red chili peppers - not imported from China!
The chili peppers undergo a rigorous cleaning process… starting with a fine brush cleaning, followed by air cleaning, seeds filtering, UV treatment and then vacuum sealed.
Great quality, bright color and perfect spice level!
After opening, please store in refrigerator - or freezer (for long-term keeping).
Each bag contains 200g.
Delicious. Real Korean grown high quality peppers. Not the low quality Chinese sourced peppers that are being used by larger Korean companies for the sake of profits and to the detriment of local people.
As an American just discovering the gastronomic pleasures of Korean home cooking, I wanted to use premium quality ingredients—how else would I truly appreciate a dish as it was intended? For this reason, I have deliberately selected pantry ingredients from Gochujar. Everyday Gochugaru offers a balanced, yet delicate spiciness to my cooking. I am pleased with this purchase.
- Made with 100% Korea-grown chili peppers
- Bright red color and finer texture - especially great for seasoning soups/stews
- Medium spice-level (perfect for everyday homecooking dishes)
- Available in 200 gram bag
[Peacock] 100% Korean Gochugaru
100% Korea-Grown Gochugaru
Grown in Chungcheongnam-do Province
Recipe for Korean Hot Oil | 고추기름
1. Rinse-off 3-4 garlic cloves + 1 Spring Onion Stalk (~forearm length piece)
2. Slice the garlic cloves into thin slices. Then cut the spring onion stalk in half
3. Take out a pot. Add 5T of Gochugaru + Vegetable Oil (~2 Cups) into a pot
(Optional: For deeper flavor + kick, add in a few dried peperoncino peppers)
4. Gently bring the pot to a boil on medium-low heat, then let it boil for 15 minutes
5, Filter the chili oil through a strainer and store in a glass bottle.
After opening, store in refrigerator or freezer (for longer keeping)
Customer Product Photos
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$5 Flat-Rate Intl. Shipping!
$5 Flat Shipping Globally. Or free shipping for orders with 2+ items!
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!