Made from 100% Organic Soybeans
[Jook Jang Yeon] No Broth Required Doenjang Paste
Jook Jang Yeon is a famous artisan brand for traditional doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce.
Today, we introduce their No-Broth Required Doenjang Paste! When cooking doenjang stew, one typically mixes doenjang paste with anchovy-kelp broth. But with this paste, you don't need to spend time making a broth. Simply use water.
It's convenient, simple and delicious! And better yet, we couldn't even tell the difference. The paste is that good!
This soybean paste is made with 100% locally-grown, premium-grade soybeans. It's made the traditional way and left to slowly ferment in large earthen pots - in a pristine area called Jookjang.
Jookjang is tucked in a small mountain valley (near Pohang), where it receives ample sunshine throughout the year and steady winds from the nearby ocean. It has the perfect conditions for fermenting traditional pastes like doenjang and gochujang.
From start to finish, it takes Jook Jang Yeon 1000 days to make a batch of their doenjang! They take no shortcuts. Use 100% local ingredients. Even the sea salt is aged for 3 years to reduce its natural bitterness. And the water is dug from 200m underground as well.
It's no wonder that it's one of the best-tasting doenjang pastes we've tasted in Korea (and we've tried many!).
Jook Jang Yeon has won many prestigious award over the years: Grand Prize at 2015 Korea Food Show, Grand Prize at Gyeonsangukdo's Fermented Food Fair, Minister Prize at 2013 Ministry of Agriculture Power Brand to name a few...
They also supply many of Seoul's top-rated Korean restaurant - like Mingles - with their doenjang!
If you want to try a delicious doenjang paste that you can cook in minutes, this is it!
- This doenjang doesn't need broth - doenjang stew can be made mixing paste with water!
- Made with 100% premium-grade soybeans, grown locally in Jookjang (near Pohang)
- Paste made with natural bedrock water - pumped 200 meters from under the earth
- From start to finish, it takes a total of 1000 days to produce a batch of their signature doenjang
- Jook Jang Yeon supplies doenjang to one of Korea's top-rated restaurant (Mingles)
- Available in 500g glass jar
- Jook Jang Yeon Soybean Paste (19.9%), Soybean Paste (49.73%), Meju Soybean Paste (29.85%), Methyl Paraben, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate
- Expiration period: 1 year
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Doenjang Jjigae (Soybean Stew)
About the Brand
- Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!
An overview of how Jook Jeong Doenjang is made!
Jook Jang Yeon is the Doenjang Supplier to Mingles -
one of Korea's Top Rated Korean Restaurants (Awarded 2 Michelin Stars)
No it does not.
Yes, completely normal. It will turn slightly darker in color as it sits in the refrigerator. It's safe to eat!
Jook Jang Yeon Soybean Paste (19.9%), Soybean Paste (49.73%), Meju Soybean Paste (29.85%), Methyl Paraben, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate
Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!