100% Naturally Brewed, Artisanal
[Shinangchon] Sengmyongmul Soy Sauce
Shinangchon Sengmyongmul Soy Sauce is a Super-Premium Soy Sauce.
It's made by an artisanal company that's spent the last half-century perfecting the art of soy sauce. This is their signature product, and it tastes incredible - salty, umami, earthy and deep. To produce this deep flavor, the company goes the extra mile. They extract natural bedrock water from 200m underground! Then mash high-quality soybeans - with the bedrock water - and store them in traditional Korean Onggi pots. The large pots are moved to an underground facility (check video below), so they can ferment in ideal, controlled climate for six months.
During the entire process, there is no chemical additive or preservatives added - 100% naturally brewed.
Note: The Total Nitrogen value of this Soy Sauce is 1.5 - Super Premium quality!
- Super-premium grade - 1.5% TN
- Naturally-Brewed Soy Sauce - no chemical additives or preservatives
- Made with natural bedrock water (from 200m underground!)
- Available in two sizes: 860mL and 360mL
- Soybean, Sea Salt, Water,
Wheat Flour, Honey
- Expiration period: 2 years
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Used in almost every Korean Dish
- Banchans: Soy Sauce Braised Eggs, Jangjorim, Japchae
- Season any stew, stir-fry and K-BBQ dishes
About the Brand
- Established in 1957, Shinangchon has spent over half a century
perfecting the art of brewing soy sauce. Their Soy Sauce is known
for its premium quality and sold in Korean Department Stores.
What is Total Nitrogen Value?
Total Nitrogen (TN) indicates how much soybean protein is found in the soy sauce. As soybeans ferment, they release protein in the form of nitrogen. The longer they ferment, the more nitrogen they produce. A higher TN number indicates higher quality. The grading scale is shown below.
1% is average | 1.3% is premium | 1.5 - 1.8% is super-premium
Shinangchon's Soy Sauce is 1.5% >> Super Premium
"Shinangchon Soy Sauce tastes different. Why?
(1) Only High-Quality Soybeans (2) Fermented in Hangari Pots, stored underground (3) Made with natural bedrock water
Close your eyes and taste the difference"
No, it's not.
If you plan to cook Korean food regularly, we recommend the 930ml bottle. Soy Sauce is used in virtually every Korean dish and will be used up quickly.
A: No it doesn't. Most homecooks store it in their pantry (or a cool-dry area). But if you do store it in the refrigerator, it will last longer.
Korea! All products in Gochujar are made in Korea.
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Shinangchon has been brewing Soy Sauce for the last 60 years. They follow traditional Korean techniques and ferment their soybeans in large Onggi pots. Shinangchon Soy Sauces have a strong reputation in Korea and sold as premium goods in Korean department stores.