Beautiful, Center Piece, Self-Sterilizing
[Notdam] Classic Yugi Tteokguk Bowl
Yes, this Yugi bowl looks just as beautiful in your hands! It's shiny, heavy and crafted beautifully.
This is Notdam's Classic Yugi Tteokguk Bowl! Tteokguk is Korean Rice Cake Soup. It's a simple but savory soup that's eaten during Lunar New Years - and signifies that you have successfully aged another year! For special occasions like New Years, many Korean families bring out their Korean Brassware (also referred to as Yugi or Bangjja).
What separates Korean Yugi from other brozenware is the alloy ratio between copper and tin. Yugi uses a ratio of 78% copper and 22% tin. This 22% tin is much higher than other brozenware, which is typically at a 1/9 ratio. Because of this difference, Yugi bowls and plates have a beautiful golden sheen and self-sterilizing properties!
Notdam is one of Korea's Best-Selling Yugi brands and the Winner of Korea's 2019 Customer Satisfaction Brand Awards (CSBA). Their Yugi bowls and plates are labeled as premium and sold in high-end Korean department stores.
If you've started a Yugi collection, consider adding this signature bowl! It will make your Tteokguk, Bibimbap, Naengmyeon or Korean dishes look extra appetizing!
- Modern, elegant design - with a touch of traditional Korea for the modern kitchen
- Made with the golden ratio of 78% Copper and 22% Tin
- Regraded as premium-grade - sold exclusively in Korean Department Stores
- Signature soup or noodle bowl for your Yugi collection
Details: 17.8 cm (diameter) x 7 cm (height)
78% Copper, 22% Tin
Wash with warm water and soap
Wipe off leftover water with a soft cloth before storing.
(More details listed below)
Spoon: 4.5 cm x 21.6 cm
Chopstick: 0.5 cm x 22.3 cm
About the Brand
Notdam is a producer of Korean brassware - known as yuggi. Their designs are modern, elegant and bring a touch of tradition to modern kitchens. Notdam's products are regarded as premium-quality and sold in Korean department stores.
Before using your brass utensils for the first time, do the following step:
Fill a large bowl with with enough to submerge the dish/bowl. Then add-in 1-2 Tablespoons of vinegar. Submerge the dish/bowl for 1 hour. Afterwards, use mild dishwasher soap and rinse-off the dish (its ok to use dishwasher sponge). Then dry it off completely with a paper towel. Now, it's ready to use.
This step removes any metallic taste from the brassware and illuminates the golden sheen of the brassware.
1. On your first few uses, you may see imprints left on the inside or outside of your brassware.
2. Hand-wash it with soap and dishwasher sponge - just like you would for any other dish. Afterwards, wipe it down completely dry with a cloth or paper towel. If not, you will see water spots stain the metal.
3. To remove these water spots or other stains, use the back side of your dishwasher sponge (the rough, dark-green side). Scrub the stain while it's dry - without any water - and you'll see black powder come off the surface. Wipe it off and it should reveal the golden sheen of the brassware.
It's made with the 'golden ratio' of 78% Copper and 22% Tin.
Yes - you should soak it in vinegar water for a few hours. This removes any metallic smell from the brassenware and illuminates its natural golden sheen. (More details listed above).
Korea! All products in Gochujar are made and shipped from Korea.
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
Flat Rate Intl. Shipping.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Notdam is a producer of Korean brassware - known as yuggi or bangjja. Their designs are modern, elegant and bring a touch of tradition into the modern kitchen. Notdam's products are regarded as premium grade and sold in Korean department stores.