A taste of Jeju Island
[Jeju Island] Jeju Pork Noodles
A trip to Jeju Island is not complete without a bowl of Jeju Pork Noodles! It's a traditional soup that has been around for more than a century on the island. Surprisingly, these noodles are hard to find outside of the island - even in Seoul. That's why many locals crave it and go straight for a bowl when they arrive on the island.
So what does it taste like? The closest comparison is Japanese Pork Ramen. But the broth is less fatty and clearer in color - almost a light milky color. It's topped with several cuts of thinly sliced pork and garnished with sliced green onions, laver flakes and a dash of Korean chili flakes.
Today, we bring these delicious Jeju noodles to your home. The key flavor variable is of course, the broth. And we think this producer has nailed it! Their broth marinade packets is made using Jeju bone broth. It creates a deep, savory and bold flavor - without being oily or tasting too heavy. A well-balanced flavor.
Keep this noodle box in your cabinet - and break it open during a cold, hungry night!
Please note: The noodle box does not come with any fresh toppings. However, we do highly recommend buying green onions and thinly sliced pork (store-bought chashu will work just fine). It brings the noodles to the next level!
I was really excited to try these noodles and they didn’t disappoint! I followed the video that was attached and added fried pork belly, and let’s just say I was blown away. It’s really great to have this high quality product at home. Thank you Gochujar for this authentic experience.
My first time trying Jeju pork noodles, and it was good! Flavor is not overly porky, and does not need to be seasoned further! Would recommend on a rainy day!
- Sample Jeju's Island famous Pork Noodle Soup!
- Broth Marinade is made from bone broth - produces a very deep, savory and bold flavor
- Works well as a late-night comfort meal
- 1 Box contains 4 large servings
Box Ingredients: ① Broth Marinade Packet (40g x 4) ② Thin Flour Noodles (100g x 4) ③ Dried Spice Topping (1.5g x 4)
Selling Point: A deep-tasting boiled pork broth with freshly cooked noodles - get a taste of Jeju Island.
How to store: Keep in a cool, dry area
Note: No meat or fresh ingredients are included in the box. You'll have to buy these separately. We HIGHLY recommend buying a pack of ready-made chashu or thinly sliced pork from an Asian Market. Add it to the noodles as a topping, along with a handful of green onions and dried laver flakes. It will taste amazing!
For a strong, bold-tasting broth
1. Fill a large pot with 700ml (~3 standard cups) of water. Bring it up to a boil.
2. When the pot begins to boil, add-in the Thin Flour Noodles in and boil for 3 minutes. (Note: If the foam begins to rise and spill over, put in a dash of cold water - repeat until the 3 minutes of boiling are done.)
3. Now add the Broth Marinade Packet into the broth. Let it boil for another 2 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and place the noodles into a serving bowl. Add fresh ingredient toppings like spring onion, dried laver flakes and thinly sliced pork. Finish with a few shakes of the Dried Spice Topping - add as much or as little as you like.
For a cleaner, lighter broth
1. Take out two pots: one for boiling the noodles and one for the broth.
2. Cook Noodles: Fill a pot with water and bring it up to boil. Once its boiling, add the noodles in and cook for a total of 5 minutes. (Note: If foam begins to rise and spill over, put in a dash of cold water - repeat this until the 5 minutes are done.) Then empty the pot through a strainer and let the noodles to drip-off excess water.
3. Cook Broth: Fill a pot with 700ml (~3 standard cups) of water. Once it begins to boil, add in the Broth Marinade Packet and let it boil for 2 minutes. The broth is done.
4. Now, add the cooked noodles into the pot with the broth. Give it a good stir. Place the finished noodles into a serving bowl. Add fresh ingredient toppings like spring onion, dried laver flakes and thinly sliced pork. Finish with a few shakes of the Dried Spice Topping - add as much or as little as you like.
Here is a candid review by a Korean YouTuber. (Skip to 04:55 for the final review)
Note: There is English subtitles available on the video (Click on Settings > Subtitles > English)
A: No it does not. It only includes the dried noodles, broth packet and spice topping. But, we HIGHLY recommend buying some Chashu or thinly sliced pork to add as a topping.
A: This should make 4 large servings.
A: This noodles are different to Japanese ramen noodles - they are thin Korean wheat noodles called somyeon
A: Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea (unless otherwise stated)!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!